Friday, September 17, 2010

September has been a steamroller of a month, way too many things to do in too little time.  This post is two weeks late, apologies to everyone, but life got in the way.

This month includes some simple P2P patterns, they seem to be everybody's favourite.  These three come from my Super Simple panto pack, which contains 24 simple designs, many of them able to be used as P2P patterns.

When I was choosing the patterns for this month's club I thought I should include some pantos suitable for guy quilts, so these three are ones that no guy will object to as too girly.

The one called Whatever was designed for my teenage son's quilt; when I aked what I should quilt on it he said 'Whatever', so that's what I named the design I came up with.
 This set of Spiral Fillers are useful for those areas that just need some quilting, not anything spectacular, just something to hold them down.  Some modern quilt have large areas that need to be stabilised, but the quilting just won't show on the busy fabric.  These work really well.

And for those who need a fix of block patterns each month, here are the designs from my Celtic Blocks pattern pack. 

I designed this ages ago, for hand-guided quilters, so the patterns aren't very complex.  Sometimes that is just what's needed, some simple quilting.  Anyway, I'm working on a Celtic pack for computerised machines, and the designs can be as complex as I like, so that's a lot more fun. 
If you have been in the pattern club a while you may already have a couple of these blocks under different names.

I email out pdf catalogues each month; if you print them out as soon as you get them it makes finding the patterns so much easier.  I try to keep all the pantos on one page, p2ps on another, blocks on another, etc.  That way the sheets from different months can all be filed together in separate folders, so if you're looking for a p2p you just have to go through the folder of them till you find one that will work.  In this computer driven age I often find it easier to look through an actual folder and pick my designs, and of course you can show them to customers easily too.

No comments:

Post a Comment